Supply Chain Manager
Our client in the mining industry is looking for a Supply Chain Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of the Supply Chain Management the mine. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and monitoring the company’s supply chain strategy as well as to improve productivity and efficiency to reduce costs while securing high quality material for the mine. and will provide support and mentor site supply chain personnel as needed. The role is tenable in Ghanzi, Botswana.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for processing planning, forecasting, material procurement, inventory control, warehousing, rate setting, outsourcing, vendor selection, and service providers.
- Identify and lead strategic supplier or outsourcing efforts including identification, selection negotiations, contract process and implementation to meet all requirements for corporal legal requirements, safety, ethics, quality, delivery, and costs.
- Lead supplier consolidation efforts across various business units.
- Develop and perform audit and review process of current suppliers for compliance to terms, conditions, performance and engagement standards, risk identification and mitigation.
- Manage supplier relationships, handle communications and negotiations with suppliers.
- Lead inventory management processes to improve inventory turns and reduce excess & obsolete materials, prevent excess stock and backorders.
- Assure that departmental and support personnel are focused on continuous improvement of products and processes.
- Collaborate with operations managers and plant level purchasing teams to implement proper sourcing practices and policies, develop plant level sourcing objectives.
- Support the processing plant, Mechanical Engineering, and Mining departments with supplier and/ or product data as needed.
- Balance safety, cost management and business growth then prepare and submit reports.
- Manage the logistics and transportation dept. including vehicles and maintain logbooks for controlling purposes.
- Provide administration expertise to ensure required support is delivered to key contract projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred or comparable experience in Supply Chain Management
- Valid CIPS membership
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the mining field, or production, scheduling, or materials management role.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Transportation, Warehousing, Inventory Management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with data analysis
- Administration experience in a dynamic environment will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Ability to use good judgment to carry out detailed instructions.
- Demonstrated experience with offshore sourcing, supply chain management, piece part manufacturing and assembly operations for electronic and mechanical products.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of mine required products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
For enqueries related to this role, please reach out to Sesaleteng Seabe at firstname.lastname@example.org